We ensure the environment around the child is calming. This is achieved by the rooms decorated in natural neutral colours. This helps the children stay calm and focused.
We have wooden furniture that is age appropriate for the children ensuring the under 2s can sit at the table and socialise with their peers.
Our staff are highly qualified early years practitioners creating a learning environment that is full of opportunities for children to thrive and develop to their full and individual potential. This happens through play and playful teaching.
Pixieland has an extensive range of learning environments, each of them designed to promote independence to strengthen and challenge the children as individuals whilst developing them in the different areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Our preschool room provides various different learning experiences that motivate and teach the children for their future. We focus on numeracy, knowledge and understanding of the work, history, music, movement and literacy.
- Our creative space where children can explore and engage in activities through the use of materials and resources that include gluing, paint, water, sand, rice, corn-flour, and gloop to name but a few.
- Our sensory room consists of bubble tubes, fibre optic lights, light projectors and interactive sound machines.
- Pixieland's role play area provides the children with a calm area, allowing them to develop their preferences and forms of expression as they mimic everyday life using equipment that they use at home and are familiar with.
- Our outdoor space and garden are safe and secure with a variety of different areas to play in. The Saltash branch has its own nature trail in which the children can have stories and exploring time. The garden supports gross motor activities with bikes and scooters. The children also have an area to play with flowers as well as their own fruit and vegetables.
- We have a purpose-built soft play area in our Saltash and Mannamead nursery with ball pool, slides and soft play.
Early Years Foundation Stage
Pixieland works in conjunction with the EYFS (2014) to ensure that the children are covering the seven areas of development. This includes the three prime areas and the four specific areas.