The Pixieland group offer quality childcare in the Plymouth and Cornwall. We have been established and trading for over 31 years and we have four nurseries in the Pixieland group.
At all Pixieland nurseries we understand the importance to make sure our children are happy, secure and stimulated. We offer maximum opportunity for development as a whole child. We want them to play, learn and respect each other as well as themselves.
Our management team are highly qualified with level 4 and BA Hons. degrees and Early Years Foundation Status. Our staff have NVQ2 childcare and education, Early Years Educators qualifications including first aid, manual handling safeguarding and everything else needed to keep your child safe. They also have a wealth of experience in childcare.
We understand how precious your children are and their well-being is very important to us so we have an ethos on developing and maintaining parent emphasis.
Pixieland Day Nurseries are committed to providing a happy, secure and stimulating environment for your children.
Aims and objectives
- Pixieland have the EYLOG system in place enabling constant correspondence to parents throughout the nursery day. Providing photos and videos to see their children happy and settled. This can be sent to parents immediately by email.
- Pixieland aims to offer high standards of quality childcare to the local community of parents and aim to deliver this provision by developing staff to their full potential.
- We provide a high standard of physical, educational and emotional care for the children and to ensure that their general health and development is continuously monitored in a happy and secure atmosphere. Working in conjunction with the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- The toys and equipment at all our nurseries are of the highest standard which are appropriate to the children's age and development and we encourage natural and neutral resources.
- We provide creative and educational activities for children to encourage their educational and cultural development using equipment, materials and staff appropriate to their individual ages and needs. In considering the children's needs we would consider their religious persuasion, racial origin, cultural and linguistic background.
- We encourage the social development of each child, encouraging them through group activities, individual sessions and small group outings.
- Pixieland aims to provide relaxed and enjoyable mealtimes for the children, Award Winning food prepared on site by our qualified chefs in a good social setting. All diets will be catered for.
- Pixieland understand the importance that by having a free flow and active learning environment it offers each child to explore and develop their own individual characteristics.
- We provide support and guidance, where required, to parents at any time of the day. We work in partnership with parents at all times by sharing their child's assessment, providing a monthly newsletter and much more.
- We establish and maintain good links with relevant agencies.
- We ensure we keep to The Early Years Foundation Station Stage Profile.
- We believe each child is an individual and has the right to health, respect and freedom from discrimination. This belief is promoted through positive role models and high quality, multi-cultural resources.
- We promote life skills as an important basis for offering our children independence.